Susan G. Purdy is a prize-winning author/illustrator of 30 books: 8 in the field of pastry and baking and 18 young readers’ cooking and craft books. She is also a well-known and widely traveled culinary educator – teaching pastry arts, recipe writing, and culinary journalism at workshops across the United States and in France. As a widely-published journalist, Purdy writes about food and travel for national magazines, newspapers, and culinary websites. She has been a national spokesperson for several food products and judged many local, regional, and national culinary competitions. In addition, Purdy is a studio artist, exhibiting her paintings in oil, pastel, and watercolors.
- Pie in the Sky (Morrow Cookbooks, 2005)
- The Perfect Cake (Broadway, 2002)
- The Perfect Pie (Broadway, 2000)
- The Family Baker (Broadway, 1999)
- Let Them Eat Cake (William Morrow, 1997 -- James Beard Award nominee for Best Baking Book)
- Have Your Cake and Eat It, Too (William Morrow, 1993 -- Winner of the IACP-Julia Child Cookbook Award)
- A Piece of Cake (Macmillan/Collier, 1989)
- As Easy As Pie (Atheneum, 1984)
For complete book list click here.
Headshot by Mark Ferri